- Build wood floors and roof trusses from pre-cut wood components as part of an assembly crew.
- Manually stage the farm components at the workstation and install the jig.
- Read the imperial measurements.
- Use a hammer to secure the connection plates to the truss joints.
- Make sure the manufactured trusses match the construction sheets.
- Ensure the quality of the finished product.
- Operate automated saw to cut lumber into truss components
- Computer knowledge an asset
- Read Imperial measurements
- Ensure quality of cut components
- Build I-joist and beam orders
- Prepare hangers for delivery
- Ensure built orders match cut lists
Delivery Truck Driver Forklift Operator
- Loading of finished goods/unloading of raw materials
- Move to and from Truss Plant and throughout the Yard as directed
- Ensure driveways are clear of materials and debris
- Read and interpret architectural and structural drawings.
- Manage time to meet schedules, prioritize and balance the workload of multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Generate plans, submit and design floor and roof systems using timber trusses, I-joists and timber beams for residential, commercial and agricultural applications including required connectors and fasteners as per local building practices and building codes using truss and joist design software.
- Meet or exceed building code requirements.
- Consult and communicate with clients, building managers, engineers, architects and contractors.
- Creative problem solving and innovative design techniques to optimize wood and plate use, minimize saw and jig setups, prevent shipping difficulties, and minimize framing and structural bracing.
- Ensure complete design includes all cost, fabrication and installation information.
- Prepare shop drawings and maintain a consistent workflow to the factory.
- Provide prompt assistance to customers regarding installation or repairs.