I-joists are prefabricated I-shaped structural members that are designed for residential and commercial floor and roof rafter applications. I-joists are comprised of solid sawn flanges and structural panel webs that provide strength and versatility. Their lightweight construction, ease of handling, strength, and ability to span longer distances result in lower overall labor and material costs compared to solid lumber.
- Actual Size app. 2.5″ x 16″ x 24′
- 2 1/2″ solid sawn lumber nailing flange provides quicker sheathing installation.
- I-Joists are more uniform in strength, stiffer and straighter than regular framing lumber
- Openings can be strategically cut per manufacturer’s recommendations in the I-Joist WEB to allow for wiring, duct work and plumbing
- Eliminates bow, crown, twist, cup, check or splitting that can take place with solid lumber
- Dimensional soundness and less shrinkage helps eliminate squeaky floors
- Max clear span up to 25′ 6″ at 16″ on center (40 pound per square foot live load / 10 pound per square foot dead load) for 16″ PRI-60 series I-Joist
- Meets or exceeds PRI-60 (PJI 60) series design specifications established by the APA- The Engineered Wood Association
- Manufacturer may vary.