The BP is designed to provide a greater bearing surface than standard cut-washers and help distribute the load at critical connections. This bearing plate works by transferring concentrated compressive forces between two structural elements. The BP is available with a hot-dip galvanized (HDG) coating to protect the plate from corrosion when exposed to the elements or certain types of treated lumber.
- Replaces standard cut-washers while providing a greater bearing surface
- Sized for most common anchor bolt sizes: 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″ and 1″
- May be ordered HDG for higher corrosion resistance
- See table
- See table; see Corrosion Information. BPs also available in black powder coat; add PC to model number (e.g., BP 1/2PC).
- See General Notes.
- For shearwall applications, position edge of plate washer within 1/2″ of sheathed edge of sill plate.
- The BP5/8SKT uses 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to provide lateral resistance when 5/8″-diameter sill holes are overdrilled (screws are provided). The shear capacity of the connection and the sill/anchor bolt shall be determined by the designer for each installation.
- No additional standard cut-washer required.
- Tighten each anchor bolt with a nut and BP.