The CCQM/CCTQM/CCCQM/ECCLQM embedded column caps are designed for use in raised pier foundations and applications where heavy timbers rest on concrete or concrete block columns. The heavy-gauge beam seats and unique SSTB-style anchor bolts provide the high uplift and lateral resistance needed to help resist high-wind events. The ECCLQMD is a variation that incorporates an additional seat to support a third member at the corner connection. The CCCQM is a variation that incorporates a stirrup on each side for intermediate support beams perpendicular to the main channel.
Framing is fastened with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (included) that install with no predrilling and feature a corrosion-resistant double-barrier coating.
CCQM — intended for use along a floor support beam and non-corner locations
CCTQM — also for use along a floor support beam and non-corner locations with a side stirrup that accommodates intermediate support beams coming at 90°
CCCQM — for use along a floor support beam with a stirrup on each side of the main channel that accommodates intermediate support beams coming at 90°
ECCLQM-KT — intended for use at the corners with MSTQM straps to make the connection from the ECCLQM to the wall framing above
ECCLL/RQMD-KT — ideal for applications where a member is needed off the corner of the structure, such as a deck joist/beam
- Column caps — 7 gauge; strap (MSTQM) — 12 gauge
- Column caps — hot-dip galvanized or Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; strap (MSTQM) — galvanized (ZMAX®)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Reference Options for Column Caps for Concrete-Filled Pilasters, Grout-Filled CMU or Concrete Piers (T-C-CCQM-WS) special order worksheet for ordering assistance
- For variable widths on side stirrups specify W3 or W4 (3 1/4″ to 7 1/8″) and add an “X” to the end of the core model name. Example: CCTQM5.50X-SDSG, W3 = 3 5/8″.