The CTS218 is designed to repair wood members such as top plates, studs and trusses, and it handles both tension and compression loads. The unique rolled edges of the strap allow it to span gaps as wide as 4 1/2″, and its 1 1/2″ width enables installation on the narrow face of 2x lumber.
- Tested specifically for top/bottom plate repair with various multi-strap configurations
- Meets the requirements of the IBC and IRC for repairing top plates that have been cut or notched to accommodate plumbing or HVAC ductwork
- 14 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- One-sided installations — install one or two CTS straps on the same side of the member.
- Two-sided installation — install CTS straps on opposite sides of member. For three-part installations, install two parts on one side, one part on opposite side.