Engineered and tested to perform, Simpson Strong-Tie® hangers are manufactured to the highest quality standards for structural strength and safety. The DHU face-mount hanger is designed to carry joist floor loads to a wood stud wall over two layers of 5/8″ gypsum board (drywall). The DHU hanger installs after the drywall is in place.
- DHU hangers in widths of 2 1/2″ or greater may be ordered with one flange concealed.
- Available for order skewed up to 45°.
- Testing verifies that the DHU hangers do not reduce the two-hour fire wall assembly rating in either 2×4 or 2×6 walls.
- DHU fire wall hangers are code listed for structural use under ICC-ES ESR-2552.
- Hangers have been tested according to ASTM E814 and received F (flame) and T (temperature) ratings for use on one or both sides of the wall in Intertek Design No. SST/WPCF 120-01. If hangers are installed on both sides of the wall, then it must be a 2×6 wall.
- 12 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are provided with the hanger.
- Drywall is installed first.
- Mounted with top of hanger flush with top of wall and tight to the drywall.
- Wall top plates must be restrained to prevent rotation. Where gravity load on top of wall is less than 150 plf, use a stud-plate tie connector at the back of each stud or provide equivalent restraint by another method as determined by designer.
- Upper plate splices must occur at a stud location.
- May be ordered with one flange concealed for widths at least 2 1/2″ wide; specify which flange when ordering. Use 74% of the table downloads and 100% of table uplift loads.
- May be ordered skewed up to 45°. Use 75% of the table downloads and 50% of table uplift loads.