The ECCLQ, CCCQ and CCTQ column caps provide strong, multiple beam-to-column connector options. The design uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to provide faster installation and a lower profile compared to standard through bolts. Screws are configured to provide high uplift design values.
- CCCQ3, ECCLQ3, CCTQ3, CCCQ4, ECCLQ4, CCTQ4, CCCQ4.62, ECCLQ4.62, CCTQ4.62, CCCQ6, ECCLQ6, CCTQ6 — 7 gauge; all others — 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; also available in HDG
- Install 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided, in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- No additional welding is allowed.
- Many combinations of beam and post sizes can be manufactured (refer to worksheet Options for Multiple-Beam Column Caps, T-C-CCQLTC-WS).
- Available in widths up to 8″ wide.
- ECCLQ is available in left or right side beam orientations. Specify ECCLLQ or ECCLRQ.
- Straps may be rotated where W1 ≥ W2.
- Column caps may be ordered without the column straps for field welding to a steel column; full loads apply. Specify CCCOQ/CCTOQ/ECCLOQ. Weld by Designer.
- The L dimension varies depending on the width of the side stirrup (W3 or W4). Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for exact dimensions.
- Main beam stirrup height (H1) is 7″. Side beam stirrups (H2 or H3) can vary in height with the minimum height of 7″. Specify the side stirrup height from the top of the cap.
- Example order: 4x main beam, 6x post, 4x side beam (oriented to the left) with both beams flush on bottom is ordered as an ECCLLQ464SDS.