These cast-in-place post bases provide a secure connection to the concrete and the code-required 1″ standoff to help prevent rot at the post end.
EPB44PHDG can be used both for pier block and cast-in-place installation for 4×4 posts.
- EPB44A — 14 gauge; EPB44, EPB46, EPB66 — 12-gauge base plate, 1 1/16″ OD x 8″ pipe; EPB44PHDG — 12-gauge base, threaded rod support 3/4″ x 6″ (nut and washer are shipped assembled)
- EPB44A — galvanized; EPB44, EPB46, EPB66 — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint (may be ordered HDG); EPB44PHDG — HDG. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Allows 1″ to 2 1/2″ clearance above concrete, 2″ for EPB44A.
Secured with Anchoring Adhesive:
- Drill a 7/8″-diameter hole 4″ deep minimum and fill the hole halfway with anchoring adhesive (per installation instructions). Insert the EPB44PHDG and adjust to the desired height. The threaded rod shall be embedded a minimum of 3 1/2″. Minimum sidecover is 3″ from the center of the threaded rod for both products.
- See SET-3G™ and AT-XP® anchoring adhesives for additional information on hole cleaning procedures and cure times.
Supported by a Nut:
- Drill a 1″-diameter hole 3 1/2″ deep minimum. Insert the EPB44PHDG and adjust to the desired height.
- Embedded end to have a nut and bearing plate with a minimum embedment of 4″ from top of concrete to the top of plate.
- Minimum sidecover is 3″ from the center of the threaded rod.
- Fully engage at least three threads in the base.
Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- 12″ pipe available for EPB44, 46, 66; specify “-12” after model number