The ETB hidden connector provides a load-tested beam connection without any visible hardware. Interlocking plates are fastened onto each member and lock together for a secure structural connection.
- Faster than other time-consuming methods and requires removal of less beam material
- Three sizes address common beam sizes from 4×6 through 6×12
- Connector can be routed into the beam end for a completely flush installation
- Templates available to make accurate installation more efficient
- Plates — Aluminum 6082-T6
- Plates — none; screws — Dacromet® corrosion-resistant coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Rout a 3/8″ (10mm) deep pocket into the side of the supporting beam as shown for the lower plate.
- Install lower plate with 16d hot-dip galvanized nails (not included in kit).
- Install horseshoe plate onto end of supported beam using SCRB screws supplied in kit. Screws are installed at a downward angle (approx. 45°).