The FWANZ foundation anchor connects the foundation or basement wall to the floor system to resist out-of-plane forces imposed by soil pressure. The foundation wall angle fastens to the mudsill with nails, relying on other anchorage (by Designer) to anchor the sill plate to the foundation.
- Compatible with solid sawn joists, I-joists and floor trusses
- Testing performed on most common rim materials and types
- Addresses design needs set forth in Section 1610.1 in the 2015 / 2018 IBC and Section R404.1 in the 2015 / 2018 IRC
- Eliminates the need of costly cantilevered foundation designs
- 14 gauge
- ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Connector must be fastened directly to the outside face of the rim board with (5) 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ long nails.
- Connector must be located within 4″ of adjacent joist/blocking for floor joist spacing up to 48″ o.c. and may be centered between joists/blocking for 16″ o.c. floor joist spacing.
- When floor joists are parallel to the rim board, full depth blocking shall be used in the first two bays of the floor per 2012 / 2015 / 2018 IRC Section R404.1.
- Splice joint not permitted on rim board in same bay unless blocking is placed on both sides of the splice.
- When I-joist rim material is used, backer blocks must be used. Installed per manufacturer’s recommendations.