The H10A series holds the rafter or truss on both sides for high uplift applications with embossments that add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance. These U-shaped hurricane ties provide faster installation than using two single-sided ties. H10A models come with optional fastener holes to connect roof blocking to the top plate. Slots allow field bending up to a maximum pitch of 6:12 to accommodate angled blocking.
- Forms part of a continuous load path to resist wind and seismic forces
- The H10A-2 model holds a double-ply member and is approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw
- The H10AR model is designed for rough lumber sizes
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90). Selected products available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
- H10A optional nailing to connect shear blocking, use 0.131″ x 2-1/2″ nails.
- Slots allow maximum field bending up to a pitch of 6:12; use H10A sloped loads for field-bent installation.