The H10S holds the rafter or truss on both sides for higher uplift applications with wood, concrete or concrete masonry walls. The longer bottom strap extends down the wall for higher capacity. Installation is fast and easy with the Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen® HD screw anchors providing higher capacity. These double-sided hurricane ties provide faster installation than using two single-sided straps.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Provides high uplift and lateral capacity using Titen HD
- The embossments add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance
- 43 mil (18 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Connectors attached using hex head Titen HD.
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.