The H14 is designed for high uplift load resistance in wood construction. The embossments on the H14 add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance. These U-shaped hurricane ties specifically designed for coastal conditions are the go-to tie for high-wind areas.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces.
- Additional fasteners into the top plates and rafter or truss provide higher uplift.
- Provides faster installation than using two single-sided ties.
- The H14 comes with a pre-bent flange that attaches underneath the double top plate. This flange can be straightened to allow installation on a header.
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.