The H16 is a high-capacity hurricane tie that connects trusses to the top of wall plates in masonry walls. The presloped seat simplifies installation and improves performance. The long straps of the H16 increase versatility, making it suitable for truss height up to 13 1/2″.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure
- Engineered to resist wind forces
- The presloped seat of 5:12 provides a tight fit and reduced deflection
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Connectors attached using hex head Titen Turbo™ screws
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course
- Minimum heel height for H16 is 4″
- H16 presloped at 5/12. Truss/rafter pitch of 3/12 to 7/12 is acceptable.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking