The H2A single-sided hurricane tie makes a direct connection between the rafter or truss, the top track and the wall studs. A value-added solution for high-wind applications, it is designed to resist uplift and lateral loads. By capturing all three members, the H2A eliminates the need for a separate top-track-to-stud connection. The H2A is also well suited for hybrid projects with wood trusses or joists-to-CFS walls.
- Forms part of a continuous load path to resist wind and seismic forces
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90), stainless steel or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.