The H3 single-sided hurricane tie is designed to resist moderate loads at the rafter/truss-to-top-plate connection. As part of a continuous load path, the H3 resists both lateral and uplift loads. H3 ties are available in left- and right-hand models and can be installed in pairs.
- Provides a connection between the rafter or truss and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Approved for installation with load-rated Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90), stainless steel or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Shipped in equal quantities of right and left versions.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.