The H8 single-sided hurricane tie is designed to resist moderate loads at the top of a wall connection. Provides a connection as part of a continuous load path to resist wind and seismic forces. The H8 is versatile and has been tested for connecting I-joist rafters to double top plates as well as studs to sill plates.
- Approved for installation with load-rated Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Can be installed with flanges facing either inward or outward
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90), stainless steel or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.