The HDU is designed for use in shearwalls and braced-wall panels, as well as other lateral applications in wood construction. The HDU uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws which install easily, reduce fastener slip and provide a greater net section than bolts.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are supplied with the holdown to ensure proper fasteners are used
- Predeflected seat eliminating deflection under load
- No stud bolts to countersink at openings
- See table
- See General Notes for Holdowns and Tension Ties.
- The HDU requires no additional washer.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install best with a low-speed, high-torque drill equipped with a 3/8″ hex-head driver.
- Fasteners and crescent washer are included with the holdowns. For replacements, order part no. SDS25212-HDU_. (Fill in the size needed, e.g., HDU2.)