The HETA provides an engineered method to attach roof trusses securely to concrete and masonry walls. This heavy embedded truss anchor features staggered screw patterns to strengthen uplift resistance and can be used in pairs on single- and multi-ply trusses. The versatile HETA can be installed straight or field-bent around truss or rafter members.
- An indented embedment line ensures accurate embedment depth
- Load rated for wind and seismic forces
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating or stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Embedded 4″ into a 6″ min. concrete beam or 8″ nominal grouted block wall.
- For mislocated truss anchors greater than 1/8″ but less than 1 1/2″ from the face of the truss, a shim must be provided. Shim design by Truss Engineer. When gap is greater than 1 1/2″, install new anchors.
- Minimum spacing of single anchors is twice the embedment depth for full load. For closer spacing, see loads for double anchor installation.
- In double anchor installations, install anchors with spoons facing outward and straps spaced no more than 1/8″ wider than the rafter/truss width.
- Lateral loads are limited to 54 mil (16ga.) CFS members