The HETA provides an engineered method to attach roof trusses securely to concrete and masonry walls. This heavy embedded truss anchor features staggered nail patterns to strengthen uplift resistance and can be used in pairs on single- and multi-ply trusses. The versatile HETA can be installed straight or field-bent around truss or rafter members.
- An indented embedment line ensures accurate embedment depth
- Compatible with the Simpson Strong-Tie® TSS and TBP8 moisture barrier plate
- Load rated for wind and seismic forces
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating or stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Embedded 4″ into a 6″ min. concrete beam or 8″ nominal grouted block wall.
- For mislocated truss anchors greater than 1/8″ but less than 1 1/2″ from the face of the truss, a shim must be provided. Shim design by Truss Engineer. When gap is greater than 1 1/2″, install new anchors.
- Minimum spacing of single anchors is twice the embedment depth for full load. For closer spacing, see loads for double anchor installation.
- In double anchor installations, install anchors with spoons facing outward and straps spaced no more than 1/8″ wider than the rafter/truss width. Do not install nails where the straps overlap when wrapped over the rafter/truss.
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the rafter/truss to achieve tabulated loads, unless noted otherwise.