The HETAL provides an engineered method to attach roof trusses securely to concrete and masonry walls. This heavy embedded truss anchor works specifically to support lateral loads and features a staggered nail pattern to strengthen uplift resistance. The HETAL also features a built-in moisture plate that sits above the concrete or masonry wall.
- The strap can be installed straight or field-bent around truss or rafter members
- Built-in moisture barrier
- Load rated for wind and seismic forces
- Strap 16 gauge, truss seat 18 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Embedded 5 1/16″.
- For mislocated truss anchors greater than 1/8″ but less than 1 1/2″ from the face of the truss, a shim must be provided. Shim design by Truss Engineer. When gap is greater than 1 1/2″, install new anchors.
- Minimum spacing of single anchors is twice the embedment depth for full load. For closer spacing, see loads for double anchor installation.
- For lateral loads listed, the lowest four nail holes must be filled.
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the rafter/truss to achieve tabulated loads, unless noted otherwise.