The HGUS is an extra-heavy-capacity hanger for applications requiring girder support. This girder hanger features double-shear nailing that distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. Value-engineered, the HGUS is designed to carry high loads for an economical price.
- Can be installed after the beam is secured in place
- HGUS-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 12 ga.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Joist nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications.
- Do not use double-shear hangers with I-joists.
- 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used where 0.148″ x 3″ nails are specified, with no reduction in load. Where 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails are specified, 0.148″ x 3″ or 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used at 0.85 of the table load.
- With 3x header members, use 0.162″ x 2 1/2″ (Simpson Strong-Tie® N16) nails in the header and 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails in the joist with no load reduction. With 2x header members, use 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ nails in the header and 0.148″ x 3″ nails in the joist, and reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.