The HHETA provides an engineered method to attach roof trusses securely to concrete and masonry walls. This extra-heavy embedded truss anchor features staggered nail patterns to strengthen uplift resistance and can be used in pairs on single- and multi-ply trusses. The versatile HHETA can be installed straight or field-bent around truss or rafter members.
- An indented embedment line ensures accurate embedment depth
- Compatible with the Simpson Strong-Tie TSS and TBP8 moisture barrier plate
- Load rated for wind and seismic forces
- 14 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Embedded 4″ into a 6″ min. concrete beam or 8″ nominal grouted block wall.
- For mislocated truss anchors greater than 1/8″ but less than 1 1/2″ from the face of the truss, a shim must be provided. Shim design by Truss Engineer. When gap is greater than 1 1/2″, install new anchors.
- Minimum spacing of single anchors is twice the embedment depth for full load. For closer spacing, see loads for double anchor installation.
- In double anchor installations, install anchors with spoons facing outward and straps spaced no more than 1/8″ wider than the rafter/truss width. Do not install nails where the straps overlap when wrapped over the rafter/truss.
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the rafter/truss to achieve tabulated loads, unless noted otherwise.