The HM9 holds the rafter or truss on both sides for higher uplift applications with concrete or masonry walls. The optional nailing connects roof blocking to the top plate with slots that allow field bending up to a maximum pitch of 6:12 to accommodate angled blocking. These U-shaped hurricane ties provide faster installation than using two single-sided straps.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Provides high uplift and lateral capacity
- The embossments add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Connectors attached using Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and hex-head Titen Turbo™ screws
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the course
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking