The HSLQ heavy shear transfer angle is designed to transfer lateral loads from wood solid sawn joists or blocking into a wood solid sawn element such as a moment frame nailer. The angle offers versatility by allowing up to a 2″ gap between the structural members and easy installation with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws that are included with the HSLQ. The HSLQ is manufactured with a gap indication notch to make proper installation easy.
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized, available in HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use long leg with notch indicator. (Notch indicates maximum allowed gap.)
- Minimum 4×8 wood members are required.
- Add filler shims where required in order not to load the angle in any direction other than lateral, as indicated.