The HU is designed to be installed on a masonry/concrete wall for structures requiring additional strength and safety factors. This heavy-duty, face-mount hanger is available in a variety of sizes to accommodate a wide range of joist sizes.
- Available with one flange concealed when the W dimension is less than 2 5/16″ at 100% of the table load
- Tested, load rated and code compliant
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Attach the hangers to concrete or GFCMU walls using hex-head Titen® 2 screws. Titen screws for GFCMU (1/4″ x 2 3/4″ — model TTN2-25234H) and for concrete (1/4″ x 1 3/4″ — model TTN2-25134H) are not provided with the hangers.
- Drill the 3/16″-diameter hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/2″.
- Alternatively, drill the 3/16″-diameter hole to the specified embedment depth and blow it clean using compressed air.
- Caution: Oversized-diameter holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Titen Installation Tool Kits are available. They include a 3/16″ drill bit and hex-head driver bit (model TTNT01-RC); a 3/16″ x 4 1/2″ drill bit is also available (model MDB18412).
- A minimum edge distance of 1 1/2″ and minimum end distance of 3 7/8″ is required. See installation image “HUC410 Installed on Masonry Block End Wall” in image gallery.
- Where no uplift load is required, a minimum end distance of 1 1/2″ is permitted.
- For both flanges concealed, order HUC
- The HU with widths equal to or greater than 3 9/16″ is available with the A flanges straight at table loads listed
- See table-modifications table for available options and associated load capacities for HU hangers