The HUS is designed for applications where higher loads are needed. This hanger features double-shear nailing that distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. This feature allows for fewer nails, faster installation and the use of all common nails for the same connection.
- Can be installed after the beam is secured in place
- Cannot be modified
- HUS-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- See tables
- Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Joist nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications.
- Do not use double-shear hangers with I-joists.
- 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used where 0.148″ x 3″ nails are specified with no reduction in load. Where 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails are specified, 0.148″ x 3″ or 0.148″ x 3 1/4″ nails may be used at 0.85 of the table load.
- With 3x header members, use 0.162″ x 2 1/2″ (Simpson Strong-Tie® N16) nails in the header and 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails in the joist with no load reduction. With 2x header members, use 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ nails in the header and 0.148″ x 3″ nails in the joist, and reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.