See dimensions, material and loads in tables.
HUSTF has the double-shear nailing advantage — distributing the joist load through two points on each nail for greater strength.
- Galvanized; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Not acceptable for nailer or welded applications; see WP, HWP, HWPH and BA hangers
- HUTF — the minimum header or ledger size that can be used with this hanger is 3 1/2″
- HUSTF — with 3x carrying members, use 0.162 x 2 1/2″ nails into the header and 0.162 x 3 1/2″ nails into the joist
- See General Notes for Hanger Options.
- HUTF rough beam sizes are available by special order.
- HUSTF cannot be modified.
Sloped and/or Skewed Seat
- HUTF can be skewed to a maximum of 45° or sloped to a maximum of 45°. HUTF can be skewed and sloped down only, provided W ≥ 2 3/8″. No skew with slope up options available.
- For skews greater than 15°, uplift loads are 0.75 of the table loads. Hangers with a skew greater than 15° may have all the joist nailing on the outside angle.
- For sloped and skewed combinations, the allowable loads are 0.70 of the table loads.
- For sloped-down-only hangers, allowable load is 0.78 of the table load.
- HUTF is available with one A flange concealed at 0.85 of the catalog table load.
- HUTF is available with both flanges concealed provided the W dimension is 2 9/16″ or greater, at 0.85 of the table load. Specify HUCTF for both flanges concealed. No skew options available.