The HWP is designed to support joists on purlins or beams in both wood and cold-formed steel construction. This top-flange hanger has enhanced uplift and is ideal for high-wind applications. The HWP offers design flexibility and versatility in supporting trusses off of wood or steel and can have a sloped and/or skewed seat up to 45°.
- Modifiable with alteration options including opened/closed top-flange and offset top-flange
- Top flange may be sloped to a maximum of 35° to accommodate a sloped header
- Features a solid one-piece top flange that provides extra stability in panelized roof applications
- 7-gauge top flange and 12-gauge stirrup
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Hot-dip galvanized available; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- The HWP may be used for weld-on applications. The minimum-size weld is a 1 1/2″-long fillet weld to each side of the top flange; weld size to match hanger material thickness. See General Instructions for the Installer, note k for weld information. Weld-on applications have the maximum allowable capacity listed. Uplift loads do not apply to this application.
- Non-modified hangers can support joists sloped up to 1/4 :12 using table loads. For joists sloping between 1/4:12 and 3/4 :12 use 85% of the table loads. See technical bulletin Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped Hangers (T-C-SLOPEJST).
- Web stiffeners are required for these hangers.
- If joist is shorter than hanger by more than 1/2″ use only 50% of the table loads.