The HYS hybrid strut is the only CFS strut on the market designed and tested for use as either a slide or a rigid clip. Commonly used at the bottom of a steel beam to accommodate large standoff conditions, the HYS strut attaches to the structure with screws, powder-actuated fasteners or welds.
The HYS has undergone comprehensive component, assembly and anchor testing. Tabulated loads were developed from these tests and include capacities based on strength and deflection to assist in mitigating design risk. You can count on the HYS dual-application strut for its versatility and test-verified performance.
- Available in lengths of 12″, 15″, 24″ and 30″ (for 18″ lengths, use SSB and FSB struts)
- Slots are positioned to minimize eccentric load and maximize capacity
- Slide application allows up to 1″ of vertical moment in each direction when shouldered screws are used through the center of the slot
- Simpson Strong-Tie® No-Equal® stamps mark the center of the slots to help ensure correct placement of shouldered screws
- Supports gravity and lateral loads when using #10 screws through small predrilled holes
- HYS12/68, HYS15/68, HYS24 /68 — 68 mil (14 ga.), 50 ksi HYS30/97 — 97 mil (12 ga.), 40 ksi
- Galvanized (G90)
- For installation as a slide connection, attach the HYS using shouldered screws through the slotted holes. Precision-manufactured shouldered screws provided with the HYS are designed to prevent over-driving and to ensure that the clip functions properly in the slide application. For installation as a rigid connection to support gravity and lateral loading, attach the clip using the small predrilled holes with #10 screws.