The IDCB drift-clip connector is used to secure bypass stud framing to the edge of a slab. The connector will accommodate 1″ of lateral drift in each direction and 1″ of upward and downward vertical deflection. Tested load values are provided for anchorage to a steel-edge angle using #12 x 1 1/4″ Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screws.
- Horizontal embossments and corner gussets optimize performance in the F2 load direction
- Precision-manufactured shouldered screws provided with the IDCB connector are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure that the clip functions properly
- Simpson Strong-Tie No-Equal® stamps mark the center of the slots to help ensure correct shouldered screw and anchor placement
- 97 mil (12 ga.), 50 ksi
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use the specified type and number of fasteners and anchors.
- In the vertical slots, use the specified number of #14 shouldered screws (included) for attachment to the stud. Install screws to align with the “No-Equal” stamp.
- For attachment to a minimum 3/16″- and maximum 1/2″-thick steel-edge angle, use Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive XL Large-Head Metal screws (XLQ114B1224). Use one screw centered in each horizontal slot. Install screws to align with the No-Equal stamp and back out 1/2 turn.
- For fastener installation into steel backed by concrete, predrilling of both the steel and the concrete may be required. For predrilling, use a maximum 3/16″-diameter drill bit.
- IDCB45.5-KT25 contains (25) IDCB45.5 connectors and (83) XLSH78B1414 #14 shouldered screws