The innovative ITS is designed to support 90° connections of I-joists to headers. This top-flange hanger features the Strong-Grip™ seat and Funnel Flange™ design allowing standard joist installation without the use of joist nails, resulting in the lowest installed cost.
- Cost-effective hanger that installs quickly with a small number of nails
- Features additional triangle holes for additional uplift
- Features optional fastening with PAT for steel applications/header
- 18 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- See product-specific installation drawings.
- No joist nailing required for standard I-joist installation without web stiffeners. When hanger is used to support I-joists with web stiffeners or rectangular SCL member (2) 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ nails must be installed into optional triangle joist nail holes for standard installation values.
- Optional triangle nail holes may be used for additional load. See allowable load tables.
- For sloped joists up to 1/4:12, there’s no reduction; from 1/4:12 up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type.
- Locations are provided for optional nails if additional uplift is needed. Optional uplift nailing requires the addition of properly-secured web stiffeners. See the load tables for minimum required fasteners and allowable uplift loads.
- For attaching to multi-ply headers, refer to technical bulletin Top-Flange Hanger Reductions for Multiple-Ply Headers (T-C-MPLYHEADR).
- Because these hangers are fully die-formed, they cannot be modified. However, these models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°.