The LGT, MGT, VGT and HGT are girder tiedowns for moderate- to high-load capacity applications. The LGT and VGT are also suitable for retrofit applications.
LGT connectors provide a low-profile connection to the studs for easy installation of drywall. Simple to install and can be installed on the inside or outside of the wall. LGT connectors also provide exceptional bearing enhancement for heavy download applications.
The Variable Girder Tiedown (VGT) is a higher capacity alternative to the LGT and MGT for girder trusses. It attaches with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to the side of truss and features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top chord pitches up to 8/12. The VGT is also available with one flange concealed for attachment to trusses with no tail.
The HGT offers the highest uplift capacity for girders and can be installed on trusses and beams with top chord slopes up to 8/12.
- HGT, VGT — 7 gauge; LGT2 — 14 gauge; MGT, LGT3, LGT4 — 12 gauge
- HGT — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; LGT, MGT, VGT — galvanized
- When the HGT-3 is used with a two-ply girder or beam, shimming is required. Fasten to act as one unit.
- Before installing fasteners, ensure LGT3-SDS2.5 makes complete contact with bottom of truss.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws included with LGT3, LGT4 and VGT series.
- VGT — can be installed on roof pitches up to 8/12 or on a bottom chord designed to transfer the load.
- VGT — screw holes are configured to allow for double installation on a two-ply (minimum) truss.
- VGT — when installed on trusses with no overhangs, specify VGTR/L.
- VGT — install washer component (provided) so that top of washer is horizontal as well as parallel with top-of-wall top plate.
- LGT3-SDS2.5 — the four large hexagon holes are intended for GFCMU and concrete applications.
- MGT — install a minimum of (6) 0.148″ x 3″ nails into the face of roof member that is on same side as MGT base.