The LT series of top-flange hangers is designed to offer superior performance for supporting I-joists. The hanger’s top-flange design simplifies placement for quick and easy installation. The stirrup laterally supports the I-joist top flange, eliminating the need for web stiffeners.
- Securing the carried I-joist is simple, requiring only one or two screws into the bottom flange through the seat of the hanger
- The optional triangle nail holes may be used for increased uplift
- These hangers cannot be modified but will accommodate a skew of up to 5°
- 18 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- See General Instructions for the Installer for additional information.
- LT’s optional triangle nail holes may be used for increased uplift capacity. See Optional Nailing for Increased Uplift table.
- For sloped joists up to 1/4:12 there is no reduction, between 1/4:12 and up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type.
- Because these hangers are fully die-formed, they cannot be modified. However these models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°.
- The LT hanger has locations for optional nails if additional uplift is needed. Optional uplift nailing requires the addition of properly-secured web stiffeners. See the load tables for minimum required fasteners and uplift capacities.
- CCMC 12862-R (user account required)