The LTB is a cost-effective solution for bracing between floor joists compared with field-fabricated blocking and clip angles. Installed in pairs, this light tension-type bridging keeps joists in place and prevents them from rotating while distributing loads over more than one joist.
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Keeps floor system continuity and prevents joist rotation
- Installation flexibility, with multiple fastener holes on each end in a staggered pattern
- 22 ga. (27 mil)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Can be utilized with 6″ and 8″ joists at 12″ o.c.
- Tension bridging works only in tension, so must be used in cross pairs
- Install bridging tightly; loose installation may allow floor movement
- Requires two #10 screws at each end