Mudsill anchors have always been a time-saving alternative to anchor bolts, and the MASA anchors provide even greater load-carrying capacity alternative. For 5/8″ and 1/2″ mudsill anchor bolts on bottom tracks, the MASA has load capacities that meet or exceed the parallel- and perpendicular-to-plate shear capacity of other cast-in-place anchors. Two versions of the MASA are available — the standard MASA for installation on standard forms, and the MASAP for panelized forms.
The MASA and MASAP are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015 IBC® and IRC® and have been tested to meet the requirements of ICC-ES acceptance criteria AC-398 for cracked and uncracked concrete.
- Attaches easily to the concrete form for quick installation
- MASA lays flat on the form board so there is no anchor bolt to finish
- No labor costs involved in drilling bottom track and aligning holes
- Flat design eliminates chances of modification in prefabricated walls
- Eliminates the need to modify CFS studs due the anchor bolts being placed where it will interfere
- Reduces the chance of having to retrofit anchors because of missing or misplaced anchor bolts
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. All available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
– Concrete shall have a minimum f’c = 2,500 psi.
– Spalling — Full loads apply for spalls up to a maximum height of 1 1/4″ and a maximum depth of 7/8″. Any exposed portion of the mudsill anchor must be protected against possible corrosion.
– Minimum MASA end distance is 4″ and minimum center-to-center spacing is 8″ for full load.
– For continuous load path, MASA should be installed on the same side of wall as uplift connectors.