The MBHU beam hanger provides a face-mounted solution for connecting beams to masonry or concrete walls. A non-welded, one-piece connector, the MBHU is suitable for solid sawn and engineered wood beams as well as trusses. Installation is simplified because the Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchor and Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are included with the hanger. Since the Titen HD anchor is installed after the wall is built, locating the anchor in the right spot is easier than with cast-in-place bolts.
- 10 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel. Refer to engineering letter L-C-CMUHGRSS.
- Use all specified fasteners (included).
- Attach hanger to a concrete or grout-filled CMU wall using Titen HD anchors. Note the following:
– Drill holes using drill bits equal in diameter to the specified Titen HD anchor.
– Holes shall be drilled 1/2″ deeper than the specified Titen HD length (i.e. 5 1/2″ for a 5″-long Titen HD anchor).
– Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Titen HD is not recommended for exposed exterior applications.
- Provide moisture barrier between beam and wall per jurisdictional requirements.