The MGT and HGT series are girder tiedowns for moderate- to high-load applications that are typically installed prior to roof sheathing. The MGT wraps over the heel and is anchored on one side of the truss. The HGT straddles the heel and anchors on both sides of the truss. The HGT is field-adjustable, making it suitable for trusses with top chord slopes up to 8/12. The HGT is available in sizes for two-, three- and four-ply widths.
- MGT — 12 gauge; HGT — 7 gauge
- MGT — galvanized; HGT — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- When the HGT-3 is used with a two-ply girder or beam, shimming is required and must be fastened to act as one unit
- Attach to grouted concrete block with a minimum one #5 rebar horizontal in the top lintel block
- MGT — install a minimum of (6) 0.148″ x 3″ nails into the face of roof member that is on same side as MGT base