The MIT is designed to support 90° connections of I-joists to headers. This top-flange hanger features a Funnel Flange™ design allowing for easier placement of members. The hanger also features positive-angle nailing (PAN), specifically created for I-joists to minimize splitting.
- Features additional triangle holes for additional uplift
- Features optional fastening with PAT for steel applications/header
- Cost-effective solution for standard 90º connections in comparison to welded hangers
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- See product-specific installation drawings.
- Optional triangle nail holes may be used for increased uplift capacity. See Optional Nailing for Increased Uplift table.
- For sloped joists up to 1/4:12, there’s no reduction; from 1/4:12 up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type
- Locations are provided for optional nails if additional uplift is needed. Optional uplift nailing requires the addition of properly-secured web stiffeners. See the load tables for minimum required fasteners and allowable uplift loads.
- For attaching to multi-ply headers, refer to technical bulletin Top-Flange Hanger Reductions for Multiple-Ply Headers (T-C-MPLYHEADR).
- Because these hangers are fully die-formed, they cannot be modified. However, these models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°.