The face-mount MMLU series provides installation versatility for factory-built structures. Nailing grids in the MMLU hangers replace traditional nail holes, allowing for faster installation of power-driven nails. Each hanger provides multiple nailing pattern options to enable value engineering for different loads.
- Versatile fastener placement enables faster installation, ideal for modular building settings
- Designed with factory-used tools in mind
- Built specifically for optimal fastening using a power nailer
- MMLU26-2, MMLU28-2 —18 gauge, all others — 20 gauge
- Nails must be installed with a powered nail tool. Face protection is required. To reduce ricochet, install nails straight through the nailing grid. Follow all safety instructions for the nail tool.
- Adjust the nail tool pressure so nail heads are flush with the hanger and are not overdriven causing the MMLU steel to dimple.
- Install at least one 8d x 1 1/2″ or 10d x 1 1/2″ nail into each nailing grid.
- Install additional nails in accordance with the MMLU Installation and Load Table for increased capacity. Each header nailing grid must contain the same quantity of nails.
- The minimum vertical center-to-center spacing of nails in the same nailing grid is 1/2″ and must not split the wood header.
- The MMLU height (H) must equal or exceed 60% of the joist height to provide joist rotation resistance. If H is less than 60% of the joist height, provide lateral restraint to the top of the joist by other means, such as blocking, end nailing or Simpson Strong-Tie® A34 framing angles above the hanger.
- I-joist web stiffeners or floor truss end vertical webs must be installed in the carried member when the hanger side flanges do not support the I-joist top flange or floor truss top chord.