The MPAI is a solution for wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry connections which satisfies code requirements. This purlin anchor is specifically designed for open-web truss joint connections to concrete or masonry walls. The MPAI features minimum embedment line indicator for ease of installation.
- Minimum embedment line indicators for both concrete and masonry installations
- Nailing pattern optimized for an I-joist wood member
- Low design profile minimizes visibility
- 14 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; some models have extra fastener holes. See General Notes.
- Purlin anchor must hook around rebar.
- Allowable loads are for a horizontal installation into the side of a concrete or masonry wall.
- Strap may be bent one full cycle (bent vertical 90°, then bent horizontal).
Edge Distance — minimum concrete edge distance is 5″. Minimum concrete-block left-to-right edge distance is 20″.
Concrete Block Wall — the minimum wall specifications are:
A — one # 4 vertical rebar, 32″ long, 16″ each side of anchor
B — two courses of grout-filled block above and below the anchor (no cold joints allowed)
C — a horizontal bond beam with two #4 rebars, 40″ long, a maximum of two courses above or below the anchor
D — minimum masonry compressive strength, f’m = 1,500 psi