The PA is a solution for CFS-to-concrete and concrete-block connections. To support code requirements, the PA is designed to connect roof purlins to a masonry exterior wall. This purlin anchor features a dual-embedment line that allows for installation in concrete or concrete block (GFCMU).
- Minimum embedment line indicators for both concrete and concrete block installations
- Screw pattern optimized for flange attachment
- Low design profile minimizes visibility
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; some models have extra fastener holes. See General Notes.
- Purlin anchor must hook around rebar.
- Allowable loads are for a horizontal installation into the side of a concrete or masonry wall.
- Strap may be bent one full cycle. (Bent vertical 90° then bent horizontal.)
Edge Distance: Minimum concrete edge distance is 5″. Minimum concrete block left-to-right edge distance is 20″.
Concrete Block Wall: The minimum wall specifications are:
A — one # 4 vertical rebar, 32″ long, 16″ each side of anchor
B — two courses of grout-filled block above and below the anchor (no cold joints allowed)
C — a horizontal bond beam with two #4 rebars, 40″ long, a maximum of two courses above or below the anchor
D — minimum masonry compressive strength, f’m = 1,500 psi