The PB post base provides a connection between a post (or column) for decks, patio covers and other top-supported structures. Available with standard or ZMAX® galvanization, which offers extra corrosion resistance for outdoor or treated-wood applications.
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX or HDG coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install either nails or bolts.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Holes are provided for installation with either 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails or 1/2″ bolts for PB66 and PB66R; all other models use 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails only. A 2″ minimum sidecover is required to obtain the full load.