The PBS post base provides a connection between a post (or column) for decks, patio covers and other top-supported structures. By featuring a 1″ standoff height, it reduces the potential for decay at post and column ends.
- Provides a 1″ standoff between post and concrete that meets code requirements
- Available with standard or ZMAX® galvanization, which offers extra corrosion resistance for outdoor or treated-wood applications
- See table
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® or HDG coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install either nails or bolts.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Embed into wet concrete up to the bottom of the 1″ standoff base plate. A 2″ minimum side cover is required to obtain the full load. Holes in the bottom of the straps allow for free concrete flow.