The popular RCPS rebar carport saddle works as a cast in place or post-installed saddle for connecting posts to concrete. Now it has been redesigned with added features that offer greater installation flexibility and strength. Along with these design improvements, the RCPS is also available in a black powder-coat for applications that call for a more finished look.
- Meets the intent of 22.214.171.124.1 of the National Building Code of Canada 2015 for resisting uplift and lateral movement
- Hot-dip galvanization provides additional corrosion protection
- Chamfered corners create a sleeker-looking product
- Steel embossments provide added strength
- Drainage outlets help reduce the possibility of water accumulation that can potentially rot the post
- RCPS — 14 gauge; RCPS7.5HDG, RCPS8HDG — 12 gauge
- RCPS — HDG
- RCPSxxHDGPC — Black, powder-coat finish over HDG; available in 3.5, 4, 5.5 and 6 sizes
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).