The versatile S/H1 and S/H1A are designed to resist seismic and wind forces in cold-formed steel applications. These double-sided hurricane ties hold the rafter or truss for high uplift load resistance. The S/H1 is made for typical C-stud rafters or trusses and can be installed with flanges facing inward or outward, while the S/H1A is ideal for several proprietary truss chords. Both models feature embossments that add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance.
- Provide faster installation than using two single-sided straps
- Provide a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Use also for a variety of general connections where one member crosses another
- 43 mil (18 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- The S/H1 can be installed with flanges facing outwards (reverse of illustration 1) when installed inside a wall for truss applications.
- S/H1A may be used with proprietary truss sections. Contact material supplier for specific installation details.