The S/HDS is designed to provide loads for high-load shearwalls, braced-wall panels and lateral applications. The holdown features a unique seat that greatly minimizes deflection under load. The S/HDS has been designed to utilize fewer fasteners and reduce installation time.
- Can be installed directly on the base track or raised above it and is suitable for back-to-back applications where eccentricity is a concern.
- Features a unique seat that greatly minimizes deflection under load.
- The S/HDS model is designed for installation with screws. Refer to S/HDB for attachment to post/column with bolts.
- See table
- Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint. Hot-dip galvanized available; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; some models have extra fastener holes. See General Notes.
- Anchor bolt washer is not required.
- Thin wall socket (OD = 2″ maximum) is required for S/HD15 to tighten the 1″ anchor bolt.
- Use A307 stud bolts.
- Design of boundary members (back-to-back studs) shall be by designer.
- Holdowns can be welded per designer’s recommendation and specification. To tie back-to-back stud members together, the designer must determine the fasteners required to bind members to act as one unit. Welders and welding procedures shall be qualified as specified in AWS D1.3. Welded connections used for cold-formed steel structural members in which the thickness of the thinnest connected part is 0.18″ or less shall comply with AISI S100 Specification Section E2.
- See SB and SSTB anchor bolts for anchorage options.
- See SET-XP® and AT-XP® adhesive products for anchor bolt retrofit options.