The S/JCT is a skewable steel-joist framing connector that combines strength, versatility and reduced installed cost. The hanger can be used with CFS headers, wood headers, steel I-beams (with welds or PAT fasteners) and masonry walls. Installed cost is minimized since these products are designed for shear loads rather than bearing, eliminating the need for web stiffeners. Framing is unidirectional and the joist can be attached from either the left or the right side.
- Min./max. fill hole options for load capacity options
- Field skewable up to 45° left or right
- Horizontal tabs facilitate top-flange alignment and joist support during screw installation
- One size fits joists 8″ through 14″
- 68 mil (14 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Attach hanger with specified fasteners. Use round holes for minimum load; use round and triangle holes for maximum load.
- May be used for weld-on applications. The minimum required weld to the top flange is 1/8″ x 2 1/2″ fillet weld to each side of top flange. Consult the code for special considerations when welding galvanized steel.
- May be installed using PDPAT-62KP (0.157″ x 5/8″) powder-actuated fasteners. Steel headers with thicknesses between 1/4″ and 3/4″ having a minimum Fy= 36 ksi. A Red (level 5) or Purple (level 6) powder load may be required to achieve specified penetration (p).
- The S/JCT is sold in cartons of 50.