SB Anchor Bolt
Categories: Anchor Bolts and Related Products, Bolts, Concrete Connectors and Anchors, Wood Construction Connectors
The SB anchor bolt offers an anchorage solution for our holdowns that call for a 5/8″-diameter, a 7/8″-diameter and a 1″-diameter anchor.
SB anchor bolts are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012/2015/2018 IBC and IRC.
- Identification on the bolt head showing embedment angle and model
- Sweep geometry to optimize position in form
- Rolled thread for higher tensile capacity
- Hex nuts and plate washer fixed in position
- Available in HDG for additional corrosion resistance
- ASTM F-1554, Grade 36
- None. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- SB is only for concrete applications poured monolithically except where noted.
- Top nuts and washers for holdown attachment are not supplied with the SB; install standard nuts, couplers and/or washers as required.
- On HDG SB anchors, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563, for example Simpson Strong-Tie NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST and NUT1-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST and CNW1-OST.
- Install SB before the concrete pour using AnchorMate® anchor bolt holders. Install the SB per the plan view detail.
- Minimum concrete compressive strength is 2,500 psi.
- When rebar is required it does not need to be tied to the SB.