The SCB/MSCB slide-clip connectors are high-performance connectors for bypass framing applications designed to reduce design time and overall installed cost. Various anchorage methods have been tested, and the resulting allowable loads eliminate the need to design connector anchorage. The SCB/MSCB can accommodate applications that typically require two parts with a single connector, reducing material and labor cost. These connectors are manufactured in five different lengths to accommodate a variety of standoff conditions and steel-stud sizes.
- Provides a full 1″ of both upward and downward movement
- The precision-manufactured shouldered screws provided with the SCB/MSCB connector are designed to prevent overdriving and to ensure the clip functions properly
- Strategically placed stiffeners, embossments and anchor holes maximize connector performance
- Simpson Strong-Tie No-Equal® stamps mark the center of the slots to help ensure correct shouldered-screw placement
- SCB — 54 mil (16 ga.); MSCB — 68 mil (14 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Use the specified number of XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws (included). Install shouldered screws in the slots adjacent to the No-Equal stamp.
- Use a maximum of 1 screw per slot.
- 25 connectors
- (55) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws
SCB45.5-KT, MSCB45.5-KT, SCB47.5-KT, MSCB47.5-KT, SCB49.5-KT, and SCB411.5-KT contain:
- 25 connectors
- (83) XLSH34B1414 #14 shouldered screws
Note: Replacement #14 shouldered screws for SCB/MSCB connectors are XLSH34B1414-RP83